Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Hinds' Feet on High Places

         Okay, so for this literature class I'm taking, I am reading an allegory called Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. 
          I drew a picture of a scene in the book, but I also wrote a summery on the book as well.... even though I haven't quite finished the book yet. 

          So I guess I might as well show the summary and picture...

Hinds’ Feet on High Places

Summary

Hinds’ Feet on High Places is an allegory about how a young girl named Much-Afraid takes a journey in order to earn a new name for herself, and develop hinds’ feet so she can ascend a high and dangerous mountain to reach the High Places, where she will spend her life forever with the Shepherd in his kingdom.

Much-Afraid goes through many difficult and dangerous trials, but with the help of her two guides Sorrow and Suffering, and the Chief Shepherd Much-Afraid is able to overcome her troublesome tasks.

Much-Afraid did not wish to endure many of her trials, but in the end, she finally receives her new name, develops her hinds’ feet, and reaches the High Places where she happily dwells at her new home.



          And now the picture


So a little bit over halfway into the book, the main Character Much-Afraid and her guides are walking through a very foggy forest while on their journey. While Much-Afraid is walking, she can hear her despising relatives trying to taunt her and get her to give up her journey, but luckily Much-Afraid has learned to stay close with her guides so she can't be too easily tempted.

So this picture is basically of Much-Afraid (in the middle) and her two guides Sorrow and Suffering walking through the forest trying to find their way to the right path.
    I couldn't get the picture very big and have it still show, but if you just click on the picture, it should make it bigger.

2 comments:

janice fenimore April 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

Song, the summary is very nice. I especially like your vocabulary. But I LOVE your art. I like that you drew with the girls walking away so that you saw only their backs. It is a nice perspective.

NiNi

Jenna the Dragon Rider April 11, 2011 at 8:11 AM  

Haha I remember seeing it in literature class!! I loved it! :)

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP  

Hosting Reseller Reviews