Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Lunar Eclipse

          So last night at about 2:00 a.m. we woke up to look at a Lunar Eclipse that was happening. It was really cool. Now I tried to take a picture, but we should've known that you cannot take a picture of the sky when it's dark unless you have some high-techy-camera-thingy. So of course, our poor little camera didn't work. The reason I went ahead and tried anyway was because I have actually taken pictures of the sun before, and it worked. I also learned that when I went on a trip to Colorado and tried to take pictures of the stars all I got was a black screen. So the lesson is 'It's impossible to take a picture of a night sky unless you have some sort of high-techy-camera-thingy.'   
           The good news is even though I didn't get a picture of the Lunar Eclipse, I found a picture of a different one on the internet.
 
  (This isn't the Lunar Eclipse that happened recently, but that I found on the internet)
          The Lunar Eclipse we saw last night wasn't quite that red, just imagine one a little paler and that's about how ours was.
           It seems that we won't be seeing another Lunar Eclipse for quite some time, NASA thinks there won't be another until  December 2094, and that's a LONG time. Or, at least that's what we heard last night. Well hopefully some of us got to see it.
         So now I'm waiting to see a Solar Eclipse, I hope there will be one soon!! 


3 comments:

DarkfireLogan December 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

Song, actually, the way we saw it was alot redder than even this one...it was like a deep maroon...no joke...it was the most beautiful moon i have ever seen..haha

The Spicer Family December 22, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

Hmmm.... I guess when Logan, when you saw it was either a different time or from a different view. Our view was a little paler though...

~Shanghai SongBird

Unknown December 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

Beautful new blog! Can't wait to see what you have to post.

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP  

Hosting Reseller Reviews