Friday, February 18, 2011

The Tortoise and the Lamb

             So for school I had a few options for a Proverbs Project, and I chose Fables.

              I have written one Fable so far, and I have a couple more to write.

             Here's my Fable, and let me know what you think.

       The Tortoise and the Lamb


         One sunny day, as a prideful Lamb was frolicking around, he spotted, in the shade of a tree alongside the river, the Old Tortoise resting.

          The Lamb came to the Tortoise and began to mock him and boast of his own speed, endurance, nimbleness, and long lasting energy.

          The Old Tortoise was very wise, and calmly told the Lamb not to be so foolish, haughty, and impulsive.

           The Lamb was very stubborn and would not listen to the Tortoise’s advice and ran off, kicking up dirt as he went.

           The next day, the Lamb again came to the Tortoise, full of mockery and boastfulness.

            The Tortoise again tried to reason with the Lamb about his poor sense and bad attitude, but again the Lamb scampered off.

            The next day, for a third time, the Tortoise tried to reason with the Lamb, but again he ran off.

            This time, however, when the Lamb returned to his friends and family, he found that they, too, were quite annoyed with all his foolishness and he was cast off.

             When he came to the Tortoise looking for pity and sympathy, the Old Tortoise only said:

              Incline your ears, and hear the words of the wise [Proverbs 22:17a],

            Lest you be despised and ignored.  

And no, I didn't get my idea from the Tortoise and the Hare.

I chose the verse, found a wise animal (the Tortoise) and a foolish one (the Lamb).

Then came up with a story.

1 comments:

ashleypmo February 18, 2011 at 9:55 PM  

Very impressive! I love your wonderful adjectives!

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP  

Hosting Reseller Reviews