Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Poems for Week 7

Well, it turns out I did end up coming up with a new poem, last night in fact. Like I said, when I like what I'm writing, it just clicks. But I think I'll wait until next week to show the newest poem. It will give you viewers something to look forward to. I will say this, the new poem is called 'A New Day' and is the longest poem I've ever written. But I guess you guys will just have to wait until next week to see it.

Oh well, you can just see the poems for this week. Again, since they're short and similar to their stories I'm posting them together. The first one is about the Greek god Hades Lord of the Under World:

Hades, Lord of the Dead,
Sadly all his joy has been shed,
He is very gloomy with few words,
But beware,
He's swift as a bird,
Lightning fast as a snake,
But you'd better hope,
Your life he doesn't take.

The second one is about Persephone, daughter of the Greek goddess Demeter, who was kidnapped by Hades and taken to the Under World:

Persephone,
Goddess of spring,
She loved to here the birds ring,
Though she misses her ladies,
Because she was taken to Hades.

Yes I know, those poems were really short; the first few poems I wrote were especially short. A lot of them are still pretty short, but they're getting longer. Especially since I'm getting more used to writing them, so I can come up with more to put in them. Well, it looks like now I've Written 19 poems so far, even though I'm not posting two of them. Well, time for me to go. I guess everyone can look forward to the big poem for next  week. Because as it seems, I haven't had anything different to post lately.
It seems that my poems have just been getting longer and longer, but they also seem to vary in size.

2 comments:

janice fenimore November 4, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

Hey, Song, I am loving your poetry. Instead of suggesting topics, I would like for you to consider different types of poetry writing. For instance, you could try "haiku", or limericks, or sonnets. I am sure you could find the forms for those on the internet. You could also experiment with different kinds of rhythms as well. Finally, you could try blank, or unrhyming, verse. You topics could be silly, about a sibling, or about soething in nature.

Love you,
NiNi

Anonymous,  November 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

I've done haikus before, they just weren't my favorite. I think I like what I've been doing so far, but I'll definitely look at the sonnet and limerick for ya.

Ok, thanks for the tips,

Shanghai SongBird

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP  

Hosting Reseller Reviews